View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #31
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
Guys, Don't forget that the speeds listed are those of the VICTIMs. How often is the VICTIM speeding? If I'm anchored in my 21-footer and get run over by a speeding 40-foot 7-ton cigarette boat who kills me and continues on, wondering what that noise was, the CG is going to list this as a 0-10MPH fatality and "excessive speed" is never going to be connected. If I am pulling my 12-yr old grandson on a tube at 18 MPH and some kid in a 38-foot Savage slices him in half with his 5-blade 32-pitch prop, his death will be listed as 10-20 MPH and "excessive speed" is never going to be connected. Only in the rare case where the speed of the STRIKING BOAT is known or admitted and one of ITS passengers gets killed will it be listed in the category you guys recognize as caused by excessive speed.
Spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
While the driver of in this crash was sober, the FIVE who were KILLED had been drinking, so according to this cult, this somehow forgives the high speed. After all, it's ok to go really fast, as long as you are drunk too;
http://www.pontevedrarecorder.com/content/996_1.php
Fear Mongering.

Show me where they cited speed in this accident? I must have missed that.