View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #14
4Fun

[QUOTE=VtSteve;74047]

Don't count on it, I see it day in and day out, boaters in boats of all kinds cutting people off, going to close, failing to stay to the right, or even turning left into another boater's path. If every single GFBL boat on this lake vanished overnight, I'd still be facing 100% of the problems I have today.

QUOTE]

VtSteve, Do you really have any problems on the water? I have been boating on Winni for 20 years. and NEVER have had a close call. Have I needed to change course, avoid a bonehead, be alert, yes. But never a real close call. These things are just blown out of proportion to get a group of boaters off the lake.

People need to realize a crowded lake requires ALL parties to be alert and yes change course to avoid morons even if it isn't your fault. I know it can be frustrating but just drive defensively and enjoy the water. I just assume all the other boaters are on a collision course and adjust accordingly.

The stories of big fast boats going 50+MPH 20' away from other boats is something I have never seen and I think is quite exaggerated.

So here is an honest question Who is really scared out there??