View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
GTO

Default Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airedale1 View Post
I just want to say that we have always been treated very well at the Laconia VCA and the staff there is top notch; very professional and their love and compassion for their patients and their owners is outstanding.

Yesterday we had to say goodbye to our beloved Cooper. He had just turned 10 in March and he has been having some medical problems. When I came home today he did not meet me at the door like he always does. Instead he was just standing still and I could see right away that he was very distended. I scooped him right up and drove to our vet at the Laconia VCA. My wife met us there and together with our vet the decision was made to end his suffering. It's never an easy decision.

I'm so grateful for the time that we had with Cooper and grateful that I was able to be there hugging him in the end. He was a great dog. Now our other Airedale, Brody will be getting extra hugs and his presence will be more comforting to us than he could possibly know.

We lost our 14 1/2 year old Golden Retriever in July so we know the feeling. Sorry for your loss. There a great video on youtube with Jimmy Stewart on the Johnny Carson show about the loss of his dog, a poem he wrote. Really nice