View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
I2. The notion that the Diamond Island accident had anything to do with Formula giving its franchise to PBM is wrong. If it were so it would not have taken Formula more than 2 1/2 years to do so. While it was not the best publicity, the truth is that the boat involved was not a "go fast". It was a 370 Sun Sport which is known in the industry as a "day boat". The unexpected conditions that night were impossible without radar or GPS. Speed had nothing to do with it.
BB,

With all do respect, your second comment, is way off base. Yes it may have taken 2.5 years for this to happen, but to believe that the Diamond Island accident had no influence here, is not easy to just right off. If there was a contract in place, it needed to expire. If Formula had pulled from LakePort to early, and the case had worked out differently for the Blizzards they would have been open to a lawsuit.

How much or how little the Diamond Island Accident had to do with this, is purely speculation. However to say that it had nothing to do with it is a stretch.

Just my .02$