View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #10
ApS

Question Apr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eki
disregarding the freezing issue, if you create a little pump enclosure down at the water level and pump up instead of drawing up, many of the issues are diminished.
This is probably what I'll do when I need to replace the present pump; however, I did have a ground-fault in the lake that my dog discovered. (The ground stake had failed -- don't ask how, but it was replaced by an electrician).

I've been nervous about electricity around the water ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
"APR, I'd be very surprised if any part of your system froze now. Even with a few nights of sub freezing temps it would be hard for any damaging freezing to take place..."
It already has, and got it shut down in less than a minute.

I was asked to a Winnipesaukee wedding in February -- eek! -- and I agreed. These season-stretching efforts have turned out to be challenging/fun; but my family won't join me -- as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eki
I found no passive solution to freezing. There are heater tape solutions as well as heated pipe solutions.
I'm wondering if I replaced the 1-inch intake water line with a 2-inch (above the water level), would my pump still draw OK?

Two-inch pipe would take longer to freeze and there would be more thermo-siphon circulation from the lake. (Like in those early English cars, and the Fiat Giardinetta).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
"...and oh yah,when you write about other topics that are not "hot button" issues,like your pieces on natures wonders, I find your thoughts very interesting."
What is an APR, anyway?

What's a "hot button" issue?

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote