View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 05:09 AM   #57
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
That would be the US visa titled, H2B:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ker-visas.html

Visa applicants have to prove they are "firmly-grounded" in their home country, so they don't overstay and become non-taxpaying burdens.

Although the housing units appear "ticky-tacky", local governments are building "Workforce Housing" for restaurant help in South Florida—where many H2B visa-holders are from Brazil. They're also excellent English-speakers. When I asked where they honed their speaking skills, the answers were "Alf" and "Bay Watch".

It is the previous sentence that is in agreement with ICE' deputy-director's interview quoted yesterday.

China, the prime source of fentanyl—the ingredient killing most addicted Americans—has now banned its manufacture:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/01/asia/...ntl/index.html
So true about fentanayl - synthetic drugs from China are a huge problem. My question, and it’s something I don’t have an answer to, is how to we get to the root cause of the problem? Banning the substances doesn’t take away the desire. Likewise, if immigrants are fleeing their country because of violence and/or a hopeless future, preventing them from entering the USA doesn’t solve the problem of why they want to flee.

My frustration is that it seems our leaders are not interested in looking at multifaceted solutions. For example, clamp down on drugs coming into the country and expand treatment programs and provide more resources for people to, long term, be self supporting. Or, in regards to immigration, tighten up on the flow of people entering, and address the Dreamers, while at the same time offer meaningful support to countries people are fleeing.

There doesn’t seem to be the political will at the moment, but I remain optimistic that it will be found.
Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote