View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #13
KonaChick

BI...take a look out your window, Lake Winnipesaukee is huge. The lake is "crowded" approximetely 8 or 9 weeks out of the entire year. Of those weeks perhaps 2-3 days are "crowded". Looking out at the lake and saying it's crowded is entirely subjective also. What I think is crowded may not be what others think. Pollution in and around Lake Winnipesaukee comes in many forms, boats of course being one of them. With the relatively low # of boating weeks available I'd say that boat pollution is low on the pollution chain. You chose to live on a very busy "intersection" on the lake, your choice. Your ideal image of small boats, kayaks and canoes putting around Lake Winnipesaukee is simply that, your image. What gives you the right to tell others what their image of Lake Winnipesuakee should be. You use the speed limit issue as a smokescreen to rid the lakes of what you consider undesirable boats. Again I ask you what gives you the right to tell me what i'm driving is unacceptable. The day may or may not come where we have a horsepower limit. It's not a given as you seem to think. You say when this day comes it makes sense to start with the bigger boats. I say if this day comes we don't discriminate against big boats but add small boats into the equation as well, it's only fair. For every big boat we ban we also ban 5 small boats. Like I said earlier, it's only fair.