Thread: Headway Speed
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 07:17 AM   #45
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default A Yikes experience yesterday

Yikes! Yesterday, I was golfing with a friend, and the pro shop matched us up with a single. In the course of the round, the subject of boating came up. He was on vacation with his wife and family. He said he rented a 15 ft pontoon with a 25 hp engine, that way he didn't have to bother with a boating license.

He went out on Sunday, I think, and remarked about how windy it was, especially once they got out in the Broads. He said it was really a challenge to get into the shelter of islands to get away from the rough water. After I remarked that Winni can be downright dangerous in those conditions, he went on to say he had been boating most of his life without a boating license, and could not believe the number of "bad" boaters out there that didn't know anything about boating, like who has the right of way, who gives way when two boats are approaching each other from opposite directions, and not even knowing "red on right on reentering "! We changed the subject quickly after that.

Nice guy to golf with but glad I wasn't out on the lake near him, or even worse, with him.

Dave