Thread: Largemouth bass
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #8
kawishiwi

Default Not so fast....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnoel View Post
It's interesting that some believe bass tournaments are detrimental to the bass fisheries considering they release the fish alive, Kind of reminds me how the state solved the catch and release of salmon and lake trout by not allowing the trolling of bait with more than a single hook! Seems many fish were being caught showing wounds from those previous catches... makes one wonder if it should be mandatory to kill the fish as soon as it's caught and not be legal to release them! It's one of the most stupid law they've come up with in a few years and they've been successful at coming up with stupid!
They release fish MILES from where they were caught after spending some HOURS sloshing around in a livewell before being handled at the weigh in. There is no way that doesnt cause mortality and displacement. Ive fished long enough to see fish a number of fish handled gently & released live and apparently unharmed, still float to the top, after a few minutes of "handling".
Released live? After being punctured, "arrested", held in an overcrowded jail cell, transported to a "foreign" location, man-handled, litterally, to the scales & back, then all dumped in a random location. Sure sounds healthy to me....