View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #18
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Ok.....so, for 88-cents I got the little anti-freeze tester from Wal-Mart which has five little balls. My car has about 75k miles and has been through two winters so far on the same anti-freeze so I'm thinking that new anti-freeze is due? The little eye dropper style tester for 88-cents shows three out of five balls floating and that translates to 'anti-freeze good down to....... ten below zero......which is not low enough for me.....since it can get down to 20-below in this area....plus, I once actually lost a car that was totally destroyed due to a 20-below freeze-up.

Where-o-where-o-where is there an el cheapo radiator anti-freeze flush-out that does not cost 90-dollars which seems incredibly expensive for what is done. Seems like it should cost maybe 40-dollars ....... anyone know who does anti-freeze flush-outs for less?
You should be able to do it yourself for under 40 bucks. If you're looking for a shop to do it for 40 bucks you will have to travel back it time about 15 to 20 years.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote