View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #178
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Rusty you confuse me. Somewhere in one of your past posts I recall you stating you were about as liberal as they come. I on the other hand am fairly conservative. You are against Market Basket labor as you note above. I on the other hand cannot be more supportive. How can a lefty not love Artie T, his position and what he means to these employees? Doesn't the left want the 1 percent to share their bounty, reinvest in their businesses and have good relations with labor? Isn't, that what is happening here? In spades? Why are you throwing in the towel on Market Basket labor and effectively pulling for the guy who is going to extract significant capital from the company via a massive dividend, likely raise prices on consumers and reduce benefits to labor? Isn't this what the left hates? I think Artie T and Market Basket represent capitalism at its best. Treat your employees fairly so they give their best, deliver a competitively priced product to the market and reinvest heavily back into the business. The result of this approach is you dominate the market as Artie T, his employees and Market Basket have shown. I am ok if it gets messy for a while and I have to shop somewhere else. You should be, too.
Just to be clear here, I am not against MB labor. I am against them yelling at people who want to shop there and this has got to stop!

They are acting like a bunch of children who can't get their way. They need to grow-up and get back to work and let the MB family resolve this one way or another.

Please leave politics out of this.