View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 08:16 PM   #31
SailinAway

Default The final bill

What I learned from this experience: buying tires is an on-going saga and there's no such thing as a "final price" until the money leaves your hands. I ended up with an upgraded tire---General Altimax RT45, the new version of the RT43---at a lower price than the RT43, with an additional service tacked on. Final price: $460 installed, including alignment and road hazard warranty. In today's market that's a very low price for a very good tire. Unfortunately it took/will take 3 trips to finish the deal as the Laconia Tire Warehouse does not have a working alignment machine at the moment. In fact, the first time I showed up for my appointment, they didn't even have a working tire machine! Beware---that particular TW appears neglected.

Town Fair's price for the same tire, installed and alignment, is $704---more than 50% more. So the slogan "We will beat anyone else's price" is baloney.

Northeast Tire and Clifford's were way out of my price range. So: if you want to save money go to Tire Warehouse, but be prepared to spend some time ironing out the wrinkles.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote