View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 08:00 PM   #25
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Best to do the tire research before buying tires than make a bad tire buy like me with those very noisy Goodyear Reliant tires, sold only at Walmart, that made a big bad annoying buzzing sound on my Subaru ..... bzzzzz .... bzzzz..... bzzzzz ..... just like John Belushi used to do ...... bzzzzz! ..... Here's a heads-up alert for walking or pedaling the Wow Trail. Lakes Region E-Bikes www.lakesregionebikes.com rents out e-bikes, electric motor bicycles, and encourages rental customers to use them on the Wow Trail and these are some fast moving, electric MOTOR bicycles. ..... EEK!
You bought those Reliants with no research? Tsk tsk. Well, you're lucky: your Yokohamas have pretty good reviews.

Off topic: I've never tried an e-bike. A report on CBC news this week found a great increase in bike accidents requiring hospitalization in Montreal due to the increasing presence of speeding e-bikes. They can cause quite a bit of damage if they hit a cyclist at 20 mph. The Wow Trail is fine. One of the nicest bike rides in New Hampshire is the Pondicherry Wildlife Refuge and the roads in the surrounding valley:

Name:  Pondicherry Refuge Summer 2021.jpg
Views: 1693
Size:  97.8 KB
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote