Thread: 3D Printers ?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 10:55 AM   #9
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Boat selling days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
...Santa brought the 3D printer for Christmas. My wife told me to do all the research to figure out which one to get, and then she just went and bought the amazon "best buy". Oh well, my son is happy! Reminds me of a story a friend used to tell that when his parents were getting a new car, the Dad would do all this research on gas mileage, horsepower, braking, reliability, etc. The mom wasn't interested in any of that info, and when they'd go to the car dealer, the mom would say, "I want the blue one", and that's the car they'd buy...
Among others, there were two relatively solid "tells" as to whether or not a sale was imminent:
1.A guy comes in and says he "needs" a boat. He seems pretty well informed and , maybe, even "knows" what he wants.
2.More importantly, the guy returns with his wife- and she DOES know what she wants- blue, red or green!

This is not meant to be politically incorrect- I just couldn't tell you how many times deals were settled this way (not to mention, guess who held the purse strings!).

Bottom line- We sold FUN!
Great Days!
The Following User Says Thank You to JEEPONLY For This Useful Post: