View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #329
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Actually no, I didn't appreciate her condescending attitude. Look at how she titled her post.

You see, there are TWO sides of an equation and in her world there is one. Go re-read her post..... I've seen her kind (thinks she know EVERYTHING about local town government) so many times that I just give a big and move on.
I'm amazed that you can take a title like "This Officers' Daughter Is Going To Speak Up Here..." and construe it as being condescending.

I titled my post because I am proud of my father having served a local municipality. It may sound trite but when he passed on, the town (Sanford, ME) dedicated their annual report to him in his memory. I also took a lot of crap from kids and adults growing up because my dad was on the force.

You missed the whole point: these officers you're rating about are PEOPLE. Get it? They have kids in school, families in our towns and the Lakes Region and people like me don't appreciate comments like yours. They're just doing their job - like they're supposed to do. That's what they're paid to do. [And I never said anything about their salaries not being public info - per RSA 91 they certainly are - I don't know why you had to say I was wrong about something I never mentioned... again "Huh?" comes to mind.]

And yes, I do know a lot about town government; I serve on a school board and town budget committee. I don't know everything - and I'm the first to admit it - but I do take exception when people go after personnel of a town - including those who serve and protect, such as fire department officers and police department officers. If you don't like how something is run, than take your comments to the people in charge.

If you *know* so stinkin' much about government, then take your issues up with the people who run the town - the town selectmen. That's where your frustration should be vented. You should know that - you were on a town's budget committee, according to one of your posts here.

And I'm sure you were raised with better manners than to call me 'honey' (please tell me you're not really that sexist in this day and age?!) or to discuss me in your post like I'm not 'in the room' (using "she" and "her" - I'm not a ghost) - you're being very rude.

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 12-27-2010 at 05:25 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post: