View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #52
ApS

Wink "Googler" Here...

Quote:
Your answer is usually, if not just condemning one particular group and ignoring others, to bring up another law.
A decal pasted on the back of child-sized PFDs would be a nearly cost-free "law" to alert newbies to New Hampshire's special RSAs. (Especially among those who are renting bow-riders).

Children are required to wear PFDs when aboard—directly exposing those most responsible to regulations protecting our Innocents—who are among the least responsible.

Quote:
Great to know you have all these resources available to you. Unfortunately, just as in the real world, resources does not necessarily equate to beneficial. Let me ask you this APS. When waking up in the morning, do you place your godly feet upon a pedestal? One thing that seems to no no bounds is the size of your ego. Even when blathering, your ego seems to be ten times the size of your average septic tank, possibly even including a leech field.
1) I don't offer my "out-of-state" opinions on Florida boaters, but I see Florida crabbers regularly tending their traps in the wee-hours with no navigation lights whatsoever.

There's no boat traffic at that hour: lighting is augmented by ambient light, and their night-vision has adequately compensated for the darkness.

Docking-light use is a different matter, but is far-more serious matter at 90-MPH!

2) Because I look directly out on Lake Winnipesaukee—night and day—I see a microcosm of the entire lake, and see a continuous flow of RSAs being violated.

IMO, the most hazardous—to the Innocents among us—are those who tout themselves as the "most competent", and continuously complain about "lesser boaters" than themselves.

3) I don't have a say on Lake Champlain, which appears to have suffered enough from mankind's depredations. Those who love Lake Winnipesaukee need to take a special vigilance to prevent any eroding of lake quality.

4) Entirely, I credit "my ego" to the installation of a Google toolbar.