View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 02:11 PM   #39
Fred W

Hi Cal.
Your numbers are exactly correct as we now know. I was a little surprised when people were pulling up tax rates from two years ago and telling you that your numbers were wrong.
I am new to this forum and also live in Moultonborough (only three years though). I was honestly expecting this forum to be more helpful on questions like yours.
My bill went up by $1,400 and for sure some of it was a higher assessment, as the market has risen. I understand your reasoning on why these increases in rate in this booming economy might not make sense, but I also have no idea why they went up by so much during COVID. Three people offered some thoughts, and these increases are not just Town of Moultonborough only – I have to think most people on this forum (Belknap and Carrroll counties) have these same categories on their tax bills? I am also a bit confused that we just got our bill two weeks ago and so few folks even noticed the change?
Still, I am also interested as to why. Maybe someone on this forum has more knowledge on why these tax categories nearly doubled in only one year?
Fred W is offline   Reply With Quote