View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 11:45 PM   #18
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Since I view things under the unread tab, I can’t avoid seeing previews of all unread posts.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Gillygirl, when you click on "new posts", you can see what forum section each thread is listed. When I don't want to read a subject, I don't open it and move on to the next one.

If there are a half dozen threads showing and two of them are COVID related, skip then and read the other 4. When you're done, click on new posts again, just in case something you may have come up while you're busy reading the posts you want to.

When your down to the 2 you want to skip, click on "quick links" and scroll down to "mark forums read" and click it, and your unwanted posts will be marked as read and disappear.

I left the Forum for a few months because I got frustrated reading so many caustic posts. But then I realized I had been on Winni.com for a lot of years and missed so many different sections, and that there were only a few subject matters and a handful of posters that I didn't like what/ how they posted. So I signed back in and am overall enjoying the Forum again.

Dave