View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #8
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Well, scientifically speaking, 2000 participants is more than enough for a reasonably accurate poll on this topic. What's that you say? You're not interested in the science of determining sample size? You prefer to go with your personal opinion? No problem. For those who are interested, here's an article on this: https://www.qualtrics.com/experience...e-sample-size/

The population in this poll consisted of "U.S. residents." Let's assume that means adults. There are about 258 million adults in the US. You can use this rough calculator to figure out how many people you would need to survey to get a reasonably accurate answer to the survey question (5% margin of error): https://www.checkmarket.com/sample-s...ize-calculator

Using that calculator, the required sample size is 385.

The poll found that 63% of participants had excluded unvaccinated family members from their holiday gatherings this year.

Now, why would it upset you to hear that? Can it be because you want us to believe that the majority of Americans share your views of the pandemic and you fear you're actually in the minority?
Thank you for the nasty comments I really appreciate it. Do what you want, take statistics from a quantitative analysis website that’s fine I don’t care I still doubt the accuracy of the pole. I could take 2000 people and make a pole come out anyway I want to if I sample the right 2000 people. You completely leave our diversity of the sample. What if all 2000 people were students at Oberlin College?

And I don’t honestly care what you were anybody else believes I have my own convictions in life that I draw from my own research and experiences which have made me happy and successful in life. I don’t push them on anybody else like others do.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app