View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #60
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
I'm sorry but you own post is making my point. All parties were NOT notified. Every Winnipesaukee boater that has been in one of those coves, or might enter one of those coves in the future is an "interested party". This lake is not the property of the residents of the coves and their abutters.

It is nice that you checked to see if all the abutters were notified. However I have a hard time imagining why any resident of a cove would NOT want a NRZ. It is the boaters wishing to access the cove that would have a complaint! And apparently nobody is informing them.

I can not see how taking a minute to notify the lakes boating community would not be part of your process. Posting on the basics on this forum would take you about two minutes. Hardly the "full time job" you claim. And this thread has almost 3,000 views, an easy way to inform the community. If you will send me notices in the future I will be happy to post them on this forum.
So B.I. by this logic, which I will say is neither right nor wrong, every person who has registered a boat within the state of NH should be notified, as they might one day decide to boat on Lake Winnipesaukee, and might decide to gather with some friends and raft in those specific coves.

Logistically we can turn this whole process in to a tightly locked process so that everyone and their brother is notified, when a change is being proposed. However is this the right thing to do. Imagine, getting notified every time your town, received a request for a zoning change on a piece of property. The request effect the entire public body in the area, and everyone that drives past the property and might want to use it to park their car and make a phone call.

People have to decide what is prudent. In the eyes of most people, notifying the people that are most directly effected by an action, is the adequate way of dealing with an issue. A public notification is done prescribed manor, so that anyone not directly effected, that is looking and wants to stay abreast of changes that may effect them, can do so. All it takes is going to the DOS website and look at the list of proposed changes and hearing every few weeks.

The issue is not that a group like SBONH, should be tagged with the responsibility of notifying the boating public. The boating public should be concerned and keep track of things them selves. SBONH fills this void, by giving the interested boater, a place to visit and easily see if there are any current issues in the State of NH, that they may want to speak up about. Thus SBONH, has put forth a reasonable effort to make sure that the boating public is notified. They should not be tasked with blurping in every forum available around the lake, as they have provided their own forum to do such.

In the past when SBONH has tried to be pro-active and notified people of important issues the officers of the group have been ostracized and label as trouble makers. Whether people agreed with their position or not.

Last edited by LIforrelaxin; 11-26-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Misc grammar
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LIforrelaxin For This Useful Post: