View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #50
sum-r breeze

Exclamation Maybe a different approach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I am a landowner.

There needs to be balance. This decision was made with no input from anyone opposed to it. So how can it possibly claim to take into account the needs of people never part of the process?

The process is ripe for misuse. I don't know if all the rules were followed to the letter of the law. But the notification rules are weird, I own land on the lake but I wasn't notified. Sure, for large lakes it impractical to notify all the abutters in writing but a public notice beyond the DOS website would be a start.

Broadhopper, I'm surprised that SBONH did not notify it's membership and get feedback. Yes there is some chatter on their website but an email should have been sent.
I think the DOS needs to adopt a different approach. The default position should be a NO with a "prove to us why we should say yes" When they are more ready to take our access away than to keep us free to enjoy the lake, everybody loses.
We need to fight for our right to use as much of the lake as possible. I too pay property taxes to the state of NH along with hefty boat registration fees, so I feel that I'm already paying for my fair share of lake access and I don't like the state making it slowly dwindle down to a few overcrowded areas loaded with boat wakes and drunk 20 something's. The DOS needs to let us "live free or die"

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sum-r breeze For This Useful Post: