Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #107
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Goer View Post
The city of Laconia, has yet to go public with results from Alta's study, that they preformed over the winter. Much to my surprise however, I just came across this article that sheds light on a study that the railroad paid for. If the city ever decides to release the results of the study, one should be able to compare both.

"An analysis says the Hobo & Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad in New Hampshire accounts for more than $17.4 million in total economic impact annually."

https://www.visitwhitemountains.com/...gional-economy
Would you honestly expect the study (paid for by the company that profits from its use) to have any negative connotations?

From the same article:
Quote:
$17.4 million dollars in total economic impact annually, and affects the equivalent of nearly 380 full and part time jobs in the restaurant, lodging, hospitality and retail sectors.
Are we to believe that these trains are the sole reason the tourist/passengers visited the area? They made the reservations, booked their rooms etc. simply to come here and ride the hobo?

I did my own study many years ago.... The results.... 100% of "studies" are biased. Including mine of course!
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote