View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 04:47 PM   #58
ApS

Arrow New-to-Me: One Especially Bright Light and 109 Noise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
WOW what a great shot, just look at those cars!

Its amazing how much the value of those cars AND Winnipesaukee have gone up since then!
Cars from the 60's and 70's (pre-emissions) have rocketed in value: Some are converted to electric power, others for avoiding dealerships, impregnability to EMP, savings in insurance, or simply to avoid the 40-minute recharging time between destinations. BTW, if electric transport is such a good idea, why has it been made mandatory?

I have three cars in line for restoration, and the restorer is backed-up for years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
It is a shame that one truly excessive light taints an otherwise beautiful shoreline. But for the single blinding light, the picture would really be outstanding.
That's a double blinding light. I've got single blinding light that might be a converted aircraft landing light.

Strange that it's only blinding upstairs, and not terribly objectionable downstairs or on the dock. It's located about five houses west of Libby Museum, on noisy Rt. 109.

As if the lake needs another insult, the newest lighting (from "over there") 😒 is far brighter than the conventional lighting I've got--but seldom use. My neighbors in Florida have cut back on their lighting, so we can all enjoy the night sky at any time.