Thread: Donating A Boat
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
How do you donate a boat in NH? Does it require a valid current years registration? Think we have one from maybe 2017 and didn't register it last year. Any ideas who to call and the definite things they'll require? In Moultonborough - Thanks. Oh, also would like it picked up.
Donated a 30 year old boat about 15 years ago... The did ask for the most recent registration.... I can't remember the charity at the moment. The other thing they also requested was that they wanted to see the boat or pictures of it before they agreed to take it... Which I thought was reasonable... The guy I dealt with commented that they had been burned many times because the would agree to take the boat as a donation, only to find that it was a POS, and then they would have to pay to scrap it. In my case, the boat was in good condition, so they took with the understanding that the outboard may need replacement as it was also 30 years old and was having issues..... Zip forward 5 years or so after that donation, I saw the boat on the lake with a new engine on it.... Talked with the current owners, and found the boat that was old and tired in my eyes, was the joy of theirs after the new engine was in place.