View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Wink Fortune smiles on the name Waldo Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
... Upon further investigation it was found to bear a portion of the locomotive's name! Legend has it that the family having discovered that the fine old engine Peppersass, having lost a certain portion of it's name , took this as an omen. ... the name Pepper was "taken" from the locomotive intentionally. Thus, this name must be incorporated in the new endeavor. And there you have it!
Pepper.

Great to finally hear the real story behind the name. Those that govern omens must have realized what the restaurant would have been called if they had recovered the piece of tail end of the nameplate. Otherwise your screen name might not be "Pepper" and your restaurant might be named something else, like Waldo Sass
or, use your imaginations here

I look forward to seeing you again real soon Pepper - I'm ready for boating season. Too bad there is no more delivery service from the menu. I wanted to tie myself up at the the Weirs dock and phone you to come over so I could see how you delivered. Now I'll just have to go to your place to visit and satisfy my hunger. Speaking of imagination and family trees, do you think we may have some genetic connection via our ancestors? We even speak 10-code! 10-37's, could we be related ?

Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links