View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #20
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
I remember Ellen's too from back in the fifties. Things sure were different on this lake then. I could take out a rowboat with a 3 horsepower engine and go down the lake and NOT SEE ANOTHER BOAT ON A WEEKDAY. I loved the lake then, and I love it even more now. I guess I appreciate how lucky I am now. Kids don't think in those terms as much.

Does anyone remember a spaghetti place that was in a building either on the corner or near the corner (The corner where the mattress shop is now etc) in Meredith? It may have just been a restaurant and my family got spaghetti or something. I think they had a window that they would pass food out if you were not eating inside? I have a pretty good memory but I was young. I remember all kinds of places from way back when!

My parents' friends who are 98 and 96 (Dad would have been 98 yesterday and Mom is 94) actually rented in those small cottages near The Bob House that are now crafts I guess. They are pretty small for sure for a family of five! Their friends built their own home on a lot on Castle Shores that they purchased for 500 dollars. Suissvale was not there until many years later. But for all the wonderful things that drew them to Moultonborough back in the early fifties, I would never have been at this heavenly place! Ice cream, clams, boats, shuffle board, croquet, waterskiing, fishing, swimming...........a child's paradise!

Dewey's needs to be able to have a sign nearer to Rte 25. I never saw it before I heard of it on this Forum and never saw the Bead Shop that is there either until a friend mentioned it. I take that road often because I get my mail at the Center Harbor Post Office. They are pretty strict with what businesses can do with signs I hear.
I believe the spaghetti was called Parissi's (sp?) and the cabins were Red Hill Cabins.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post: