View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #90
trackeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Well, you do get services from the city.... you get fire/police/ambulance. Hilliard Rd gets plowed by the city as well. Is it worth what you pay in taxes? not by a long shot. But that is just the way it is. I get very little from the city for my $2800 too. When the market tanks, the city will adjust to the devaluation... the tax rate will rise but the property value will drop.

If you choose not to apply for a tax abatement, well that's on you. The process is in place for just such an occurrence. If you choose to sell ( I hope it doesn't come to that) I hope you get more than the current assessed value.

Woodsy
Well,

We used the Ambulance (1)One time, they were great and the experience for the wife was great. Now, did we get a bill or did the insurance pay the bill included with the emergency room and the stay over???
Called the police once to check on a notice my lock set had been tampered with, was told I get one free visit???

Sure they Plow Hilliard, I have absolutely no problem with the fact I own a private road, new that going in, but over the past 3 years the end of Hilliard was literally disintegrating, took a act of congress to get it fixed, they took out the pavement and left it dirt, a few months back BTW????

Wes's comments was it'll be easier to maintain, we wondered if they were going to do the same to the other roads in Laconia???

Anyway, we love the Lake, it has been part of our ritual for over 30 years, sadly Laconia sucks, but on the flip side, doubt we'd find waterfront even on the lake elsewhere 210K.

But, thanks for the stimulation, it feels great to let the steam off and vent frustration with something that obviously is resonating around Laconia especially those who got a BIG tax bill at Xmas and some much worse than others.
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote