View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 11:11 PM   #53
carguy

Default LSP Garbage and Laundromat Work.

Dick:

I am sure now that I did the iceman/garbage routine after you. In 1959 I was working at Chanticleer Inn during the Summer. Billy DeGroot and I shared a cabin at Chanticleer Inn. We both worked in the kitchen. Pete Shull worked there also. Now Pete is no longer with us. He died in a fire not too long after the 2000 Reunion.

You mention that the Jones's sold the park to the Spanos Group for $125,00. What do you thing that property would go for today?? Speaking of the Jones', my dad really liked Frand and Doris. Frank would sneak away from Doris and come down to our camp and have a few "pops" with my dad. I can remember visiting them at their home in Rochester, NH in the off-season. They were real nice people, the salt of the earth.

I can remember when Doris Jones won the Lyman with the 30 HP Evinrude in a charity drawing in the Lakes Region. The boat was named the "Doris V." or something like that. Doris's middle name was Victoria. They kept it in a boat lift down near the flagpole. I think I only ever saw the Jones' use that nice Lyman about one time.

Carguy
Norwich, CT 06360
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote