View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #10
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Location location location

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
Breakfast & lunch is a tough business. You are there late (6,7,8) cleaning and prepping for tomorrow and back early (5a) getting ready for the early birds! Even though they are busy during the season (and profitable I’m sure) it takes a toll on you physically & mentally. Had a friend who did it for 3 years and had to sell because of physical damage to his knees & hips and the fact that he never saw his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
A lot of it deals with location, good quality food, and service. Olde Bay Diner in Alton Bay, Farmer's Kitchen in Farmington, and The Eggshell in Loudon, to name a few. I think Donna Jean's in the Weirs probably fit in this category too. Some, not all, have a lower overhead because they do not own their buildings, so no taxes, maintenance, e.t.c, only the rent/ lease. The locals will support these businesses, carrying them through the slower months.

Just my humble opinion, and my love of breakfast and lunch dining. (Almost forgot Kitchen Cravings in Gilford, certainly a cut above the norm. ).

Dave