View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #565
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Come on, give it up. Despite Don's rules, some of you just have to keep on whining about a perceived loss of your inalienable rights.
Not whining at all there TB. Everyone has right to be safe out there. Heck, many of us fully supported more funding for the MP, and a bigger crackdown on the real problems on many bodies of water. I agree 100% with the Marine Patrol's position. Perhaps you should read it. It has some pretty good information about their funding sources, and their problems.

I try to help enforcement out on the water by alerting them to issues. That is, If I can find them. I was boarded by the CG last year late in the season. Nice to see they check and inspect for spark arresters and the like now, good idea. We had a nice chat since I was one of about eight boats on the lake. Just chatted about issues, problem boaters and areas, kayaking in the middle of the channel They stay in touch with the local and state police on the water as well. They're always looking to focus their limited resources on problem areas.

Last edited by VtSteve; 05-27-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: better direction