View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 06:33 PM   #56
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Our dept. of tourism tracks where our visitors come from and aims their advertising accordingly. We just don't see it in NH. We see ads for Myrtle beach, for example. I would expect credit card records tell the same story to the liquor commission, but they don't need to do the long distance advertising because few people fly home with 4 cases of liquor, but those who drive certainly do. Not so much border crossing the last 24 months, but don't forget our neighbors from Canada. They shop here too for no sales tax and cheap liquor. When I go to the Merrimack Premium Outlets, I hear a lot of French being spoken. Of course, that could all come from Pinardville. IDK.
Sort of. We really only have good numbers on items like snowmobiling and OHRVing, because those items tend to have very limited ways to get around the registration requirements. Most other items are studies that may overstate or understate the influence of visitors to the State.

The liquor commission sometimes shuts down some operations that don't seem to be selling well, and opens others. I think that over time they determined that easy access off the major routes was more of their marketing plan.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote