View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 06:11 AM   #28
XCR-700

Hummm,,,, Based on what I have learned from you all and other reading, it appears to be a case of a different hull than I have had in the past, and learning to drive this particular hull.
It also appears that Formulas run more hull in the water/wet than other brands, and that appears to be by design. Which is fine now that I know it, and as a plus, it makes for a very good/very solid ride in Winnipesaukee weekend water conditions. It is clearly slower than other brands, which surprises me given the 8.2 Mag engine but it is also a long and heavy boat with no creaking and rattling that I have seen in other boats. So I guess these are trade-offs and with the Winnipesaukee speed limit and the way we use our boats I don’t need 50+ MPH speed, so not being a high speed boat is not a problem for me. Sounds funny even saying that as I recall when 35 or 40 MPH was fast ;-) Guess times change.

It does appear to be a poor selection of trim gauge, as the gauge range is too wide and does not best display the limited trim range this hull allows.

And I still wonder how Bravo 3 drives respond to aftermarket prop upgrades? Is it similar to other drives, or not worth the cost???

Thanks to all for your thoughtful insight
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote