View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #3
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
One of the issues you face in getting a larger boat is that the Marinas aren't always equipped to store them, especially when it comes to inside storage.

You may find that at your new marina, the storage racks only accommodate up to a certain size, and your larger boat will start to take two spots in the storage rack... hence they start to charge more for larger boats...

Or you may find that your boats has a weight that the rack is not specified for thus limiting where they can put your boat.....

As larger boats became more popular, I know of one Marina, that eventually added a new storage building that was designed specifically for boats 25' to 35'

The bottom line is I think 30-35 per foot is normal for the most part, but there are issues that cause that price to go up.... On Lake Champlain I know many of the marina's used to list out prices per foot based on size... anything up to 30' as X and above 30 was Y....that doesn't mean 30' is the magic number its just a concept.
Another factor is that marinas tend to make the generalization that bigger boats are owned by wealthier folks who can afford to pay more.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote