View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #24
Turtle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
This is as a classic, but it is typical. This shows the criminal mentatility we are dealing with in this forum. If I was moderating and a guy posted something like this on my forum I'd throw him off for life and report him to the police. Just don't call anyone a "chump" or parse their quotes, because those "uncivilities" violate forum rules. But we can organize a harassment parade to his home and that is not "uncivil", as long as we just say afterward that we were just kidding...your next message will say "we were just razzing you". Ya, right. "Chumps" was too nice a word...You guys are a bunch of thugs.

Let's have a poll...how many of the opposers on this forum are felons?
And to that, here's my 2 cents worth. I can handle someone asking what channel I live in so they can purposefully and unlawfully speed by (because I won't tell them). Some of you guys can threaten (with a smile) similar harassment as noted above (after announcing on forum a few weeks ago where he lives). In reality, some of the people who have worked so hard to make the speed limit reality have indeed been intimidated and threatened outside of this forum. I read a message a couple of years ago on one of the even more venomous sites from someone who said he'd be happy to take out a certain person who was active in the SL movement...I believe his words were "make myself a martyr"...I found the quote disturbing enough that I made a hard copy. That being said, I agree with many of the posts indicating that those on this forum who are intimidating and dominating on the forum probably feel they have the same "rights" on the lake. Clearly, Hazelnut seems to be at the far end of the bell curve in this department (and to think, this guy is a school teacher!), though there are a couple more who are close. I am also perplexed as to why some of the more articulate/sincere SL opponents have tolerated this...clearly it just dumbs down their arguments against a SL. I give my respect to the law abiding and sincere SL opponents here, but EL hit the nail on the head, and I'm glad he has the courage to make his points. Many no longer do. I hope Don is taking note.

Last edited by Turtle Boy; 09-11-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: grammar