View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #4
ApS

Unhappy Feeling Your Pain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallacePoint View Post

A 20 foot plastic tripod complete with a swing...floating off shore.
So..umm..woke up to this view out of my window. So yes or no? I'm still trying to recall the serene and natural vista that has now been lost....what to do?
Check the formatting on your photo, as it didn't appear this morning. Keep in mind, the view could be worse!

As most of these toys are rented, there's a good chance that the installer located the mooring block when the wind was from the opposite direction, and it has temporarily "sailed" to its present location. At nearly $5000 each, the installer may respond if you advise that "it has shifted", and just maybe, it should be placed in deeper water "for the children". He may take your complaint to heart, and move it; or, as often happens, a strong wind will move it far away.

On the downside, these tripods tend to blow over, and the underside is finished in a flat black color.

My own sweep of view takes in about four or five of these tripods—but if I squint, they look like sails. Nobody complains about the nearest "tripod", as it has kept the noise and odors of the weekend ocean-racers far from our shoreline.
Attached Images