View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #20
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Centrex 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hig View Post
I installed one of these a couple of years ago and have been happy with it, other than an occasional whiff from the vent pipe when the wind is not cooperating. I bought a charcoal filter that I need to install that I hope will fix that (intermittent) problem.

The Sunmar composting replaced a 220v Incinolet. The main problem with the Incinolet was training guests to use it properly, cleaning it when they didn't, and maintaining it. The high operating temperatures wore parts out quickly and I always seemed to be working in it. It was a Mike Rowe kind of job and not one I looked forward twice a season (on average). You need to keep a lot of spares on hand because downtime is not an option. I will say that Incinolet technical support people were super helpful. Kind of like they understand how much it sucks to be you if you need to call them.

The other issue with the incinolet was the operating smell when it was cooking. It wasn't horrible, but definitely distinctive, and you always knew when somebody had "been". It was a cookout kind of smell, but where the food being cooked was unfamiliar and not all that appetizing.

I'm much happier with the Sunmar. It's almost a real toilet in the way it looks and is used, but with a foot flush rather than a hand lever. It requires a little upkeep but it's comparatively low stress, and I can even train the kids to do it (something you could not do with the Incinolet). And if there worst happens and something breaks, it doesn't ruin your weekend. You unit can be used without power and without water if needed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Centrex 3000 - a couple of thoughts:

Centrex 3000 was the best camp upgrade we've done so far!

My hubby extended the vent pipe up and installed a fan that's commonly used for radon. No troubles now!

Spray rubbing alcohol is what I use to clean the bowl. (Vinyl gloves on) Any residual evaporates.

Angel Soft is perfect, it composts easily - three squares folded to a V in the bottom of toilet before number 2 will keep most remnants away. A little bit of camp wisdom. Lol!

I will search/post Rattlesnake Guy's post on incinerating toilets. It is hilarious.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote