View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 06:55 AM   #67
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
While I also wish them the best and plan to visit when I can, a higher end restaurant has less wiggle room to "fall flat on their face" than a less "storied" restaurant might. Customers, rightly in my opinion, expect more from them. This is a "new" restaurant. It WILL have growing pains. That's forgivable. Before too long however they should resolve most of the issues and get things reliably humming along with only the occasional and minor flubs.

The "old" Woodshed had a reliability problem. When I arrived on the lake scene in 1993, it was my go to restaurant, especially with visiting guests. It was the place I could go to express the best in lake hospitality and by extension MY hospitality. I KNEW the atmosphere, service, and food would be stellar.

Then something changed. Service attitude slipped at times and food preparation was inconsistent. My soup was served cool one time and then returned scalding hot when I returned it to the kitchen. The response to the situation was either inattentive or spiteful. Neither is acceptable at such a restaurant. Period.

I do NOT judge the New Woodshed by the Old Woodshed's past. But the New Woodshed can certainly learn from the Old Woodshed's mistakes and try to avoid them. There are many good restaurants at the lake. There are only a few that you can go to and KNOW you will have a great time in all aspects. That's the goal the New Woodshed should be eagerly striving for. I wish them the best of luck.
You hit the nail on the head: pricy restaurants have less wiggle room for poor preparation and service.

For me, though, attitude matters almost as much as the food and price. Mistakes happen, I totally get that, but how an establishment handles them dictates whether I'll return or not. It sounds like TNW is doing a pretty good job with that.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote