Thread: Lavinia's
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #63
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Not everything gets put on a resume'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
His Facebook page lists him as a graduate of the 2013 class, I would say that seems fairly recent, certainly less than a year.

If you look at the Facebook page from where he got his culinary degree, they have an album for a December 2012 class, and an album for an August 2013 class. If he was in fact in the August 2013 class that would be VERY recent.

"Experience from California to Connecticut" is pretty vague, you have to admit. Was he a busboy? A pantry chef? An expediter? Doesn't really say...

You, and others, seem to want to take what was apparently an accurate, if not less-than-optimally-worded post and interpret it as an attack. I didn't see it that way.

My guess is Mr. Weiss is probably a pretty solid chef. I wouldn't hire him for $1 to run a PR campaign, but I'm guessing he doesn't want that job anyway
Our young chef may have worked in family owned restaurants like so many you chefs start out... Not necessarily put onto a job history. No need to get the child labor police looking at the fact a kids works with the family for 10-12 hours per day, 5-7 days a week.

Regardless, I wish the lad well. Hope it is a success.

I hope now we can get back to food discussions, and realize that perhaps the chef-owner of the Woodland Tavern will get back to cooking, and leave the tartness out of his food...and his posts.