View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
vmartino26

Default Groton Wind Farm

I don't know if this is on point as it isn't directly a "Lakes Region" issue but I'll give it a try. I am totally opposed to the Northern Pass project which continues to move sideways as an issue for now, but if you happen to be in the Plymouth area on Tenney Mountain Highway and look just beyond Tenney Mountain over to the town of Groton, what you'll see on the horizon may surprise you as it did me and my wife. A 24 wind turbine farm is being constructed in the town of Groton. I believe 12 of the turbines are now up. The project is scheduled to be completed in the January 2013 time frame.

My unerstanding is that the power generated from the wind turbines will be dumped into the new england power grid, and the town of groton will receive significant tax money.

It's a stunning site as it changes forever the view of Tenney Mountain. I guess residents of the area were opposed to the farm going forward, but the NH court system threw their case out.

Just wondering if anyone has seen the turbines on the horizone and what your thoughts are. Is this the future?