View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #37
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Sam:

I think Skip's record speaks for itself. This is an important issue. I for one hope the state has the authority to permanently revoke boating certificates in cases such as this and I am watching the outcome carefully. I also will note that this wasn't a youthful mistake and heavy alcohol was involved so I disagree with your conclusion that this was a screw up that could happen to anyone.
I agree, can we please decouple the issue at hand which is revoking safety certs issued by the state and whatever case may have brought this issue to be argued by the court system. Good grief folks this is a legit thing to be following and certainly a great topic of discussion. I personally don't think that the details of the Blizzard case are relevant here, only to the point of what the courts may sight as justification for considering revoking said certificate which clearly the law suggests they have the authority to do.

This will be precedent setting for sure no matter what the court decides. Burying your head in the sand because this is "to controversial" to discuss is not going to stop a decision from being made.

I can see where this may go, since the section highlighted that addresses possibly revocation is vague, look for that to be possibly clarified to site specific circumstances where action can be taken.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: