View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #27
Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Skip seems to have an obsession with the Blizzard case as shown by his scores of posts on the subject.......never mind what the courts have decided.Skip seems to know better.Hopefully,Skip never makes a mistake in his life.
Why not just leave it alone and let people heal a little.It was a mistake....a skrew up that anyone could have made.
I grew up on the lake and old timers that I talk to tell me that it could have happened to anyone at the right moment....even Skip.
Well said, Sam.

I have pretty much stayed away from this discussion, but you've hit a nerve. As another who grew up here, I know every nook and cranny of this lake as well as anyone. I admit that I made my share of mistakes on this lake in my youth, and look back at my younger days and realize the poor choices that I made and thank my lucky stars that I came through it mostly unscathed.

So I for one will cast no umbrage regarding this tragedy. I too tire of this play-by-play regardless how important some think that the legal precedents need to be publicised.

Has it really been that easy for so many of you to throw those stones?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yankee For This Useful Post: