View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #33
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Aren't we just tilting at windmills here? We can all agree to anything and any compromise on this boating forum but it doesn't make it reality. We could all agree that pigs can fly, or sometimes fly, or fly 45 MPH (25 at night). Point is, there are many people not on this forum who are happy with the SL and even a few, at least on my shore, who feel 45/25 is too much of a compromise(especially the 25 MPH nite). What we all conclude on this forum seems like a small and inconsequential contribution to the reality of how people perceive the SL is working.
While I understand your point, that what is said and accomplished on this forum may have little impact in Concord, however it does allow us to discuss openly our personal thoughts. Although we are a small group it has to start somewhere.

I feel that we have made progress. In the past it was an "all or nothing" mentality. In the past few months I have spoken with many that would like to meet somewhere in between. If it can happen here it perhaps can carry forward elsewhere and maybe even to Concord.

You speak of many people who are happy, I know of many who are very Unhappy... We will never please everyone but lets at least try to please the majority... This polls majority may be mostly made up of boaters but I think it clearly shows that those who are the ones having to abide by the laws should have a larger say. I know you feel differently but that is what open debates are for.