View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 10:31 AM   #47
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I would respectfully disagree. People who have made good decisions all of their life that enable them to afford a property with a tax bill in excess of $10,000 probably give their financial decisions a lot of thought. Unless, by accident of birth these people were very fortunate, I think a lot of thought, calculation, and financial planning goes into every major decision.

IMHO
You're absolutely correct about first generation money, those that actually made it.

Second and subsequent generations - unless taught otherwise may not have as much appreciation for what they got and may suffer from Paris Hilton syndrome. That however is not the norm.

IMHO - I'm sick and tired of the ever increasing number of free loaders expecting somebody else to work and pay for what they want. This smug notion that oh that person is wealthy they can afford it. Constant whining and crying about the rich, income inequality and so on....well ya know what maybe if you had spent less time crying and feeling sorry for yourself as a victim, quit making stupid financial decisions, and went out and did something for yourself you'd be in a far better position. I've never seen hard work and perseverance ever lead to failure, but complacency and ignorance all but guarantees it.

FYI - I'm not a rich guy but I love rich people, and more so the story of how they got there. I don't curse them I'm inspired by their success. To bad I'm in the minority which is a shame.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote