View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #48
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Steve:

The ACA is a welfare system and the costs need to be paid somehow. We can argue if this is good or bad but the fact is that many more folks are being added to the healthcare rolls and this costs money. Lots of money. Liberals like to think that by taxing rich folks and squeezing the insurance companies only the wealthy will feel the pain. This is not true because of the tremendous costs associated with the ACA and as dreams meet reality we are starting to see that many average citizens are being negatively impacted (higher costs, lack of access, etc.) and in fact I think it is a good thing. Why? Simple. Many if not most Americans want something for nothing. The reality is that if the liberals want a plan like ACA they and everybody else should contribute to make it a possibility and I think this is starting to happened as evidenced by reduced care and access, etc. So ask yourself this Steve as a liberal with sick family members are you willing to sacrifice the best care (ie Boston Hospitals, etc) for your family members in exchange for access for all? I hope so because I think this is what you about to get.
SC,

LOL.. very provocative, but I won't pick up the bait!
As a liberal, (and as stated, I'm not some crazy lefty)

No, I'm not willing to risk my wife's health for any amount of money, frankly the question is a bit of an insult and way out of character for you. That is why I'm fighting the current ACA regs with the State, Senator's Sheehen and Ayote and my House Rep Carol Shea Porter. I am pressing them to support allowing cross border care. If nothing else it is clearly a restraint of fair trade IMHO.

No major program, either Government or Private ends up like they came out of the blocks. Tweaking programs is a common and wise. Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security have all been "tweaked", I want it fixed, not killed.

How much did you and many others have to tweak the speed limit law? I'd bet a fairly good bit. I'd also bet those tweaks made it BETTER.

The choice isn't accept it, the goal of my conversations with the people that supposedly represent me, is to fix the problem, not, like many of the Tea Party folks to just throw it out.

Funny you didn't comment on the fact that the ACA was actually a Heritage Foundation program, almost word for word!