View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #105
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
- I love how everyone assumes I am condemning this project.
- I am simply being realistic about it, and am concerned that this project has gone out of scope....

The positives that I see:
- Gas right off the interstate
- A convenience store instead of vending machines
- new facilities

The negatives
- Sorry the restrooms while bigger then the prior facilities are not big enough, I anticipate line, and the need for Porta Potties still during peak seasons.
- the parking area is now more congested, and will cause issues, it is going to be to much like a shopping plaza arrangement
- The liquor store is way to big

My concerns:
- The restaurant will not last in the long run.... sorry folks I have seen it to many times..... it will be great and profitable at peak times, but the slow times will be horrible. And there will not be a local crowd... and when it hurts the bottom line the company will want to get out.
- The gas prices will ultimately go up... haven't you all heard of introductory rates.
- The liquor store will continue to be the main concern for the state, and if the current situation changes, and the common man group pulls out, who is going to deal with the up keep of the rest of the facility........ oh wait the tax-payers.....

This work needed to be done.... I think they have made some improvements, I just don't feel it was done in a way that is going to work out in the long run.... I don't think the facilities are an eyesore or anything, they scaling just wasn't done correctly.... Smaller liquor store, bigger bathrooms, and maybe some nice accommodations such as showers for the truckers, and maybe just maybe I would think things went in a better direction.
I stopped in last week to the south bound rest area. It was still under construction but I was struck by how poor the layout was. The liquor store was massive but there wasn't a connection to the bathrooms and restaurant. I also was unpleasantly surprised at how small the rest room was. The designers should have visited the relatively new rest area south of Augusta Maine to see an appropriate rest room design. This isn't rocket science. I really was underwhelmed by what I saw.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links