View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 07:24 PM   #50
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
First, sorry if these questions which sound stupid and rudimentary, but have never shutdown house systems for long periods of time…..

Well Pump Shutdown
Trying to determine electrical source for my well-pump ? I checked my main electrical panel and see two15 amp block fuses, the label on the panel box says ‘Well’, is it safe to assume this is the electric source for the pump ?
So shutting off the fuse block will shut-off the pump, correct ?

Gas furnace shutoff
I don’t see any shutoff for my gas furnace on my electrical panel, there is a shut-off valve on the water heater, but that is for the ‘gas’. Do you think the actual shut-off for the furnace is tied to the furnace which is also gas ?
I do have a fuse block on the electrical panel for furnace.

Last, there is a 110v wire that comes off the gas furnace, and plugs into an outlet, what is its’ purpose ?
I am not an electrician but I think the easiest way to verify the power source for your pump would be to turn the faucet on and pull the specific fuse(s). If the water then stops flowing then you've got the right one!

I personally look at fuses as a pain in the butt! I would think you may want to consider updating your panel with circuit breakers at some point in time.....
Maybe a good 2022 project.....
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote