View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
Pineedles

Default Oldest cottage on the Lake

I wanted to start this thread in another category and not hijack the Avatar thread but I didn't do it fast enough. mneck1814 beat me to it and claimed the title for the oldest cottage owned by the same family on the lake. He/she may want to post his claim here but I'll paste the post and let mneck1814 post more if desired.

I as well as others would love to see any pictures that could be posted by mneck1814. The year the cottage was built coincides with another special occasion. 1814 - Joseph Nicephore Niepce achieves first photographic image with camera obscura. However, the image required 8 hours of light exposure and later faded." as per Wikipedia.

I must give credit to APS for getting me thinking about this thread and I perhaps infringed on his Avatar message by copying the 53 years on the lake message with my own 117 years message. No matter, mneck1814 now holds the title with 195 years. Who will depose this leader next? Even if you can't beat mneck1814's record, post your years here. The alternate record could be the newest cottage on the lake, and that is a title that hopefully will change hands frequently. When it happens on a daily basis, we'll know our economy is coming back.

195 years and going strong! Built in 1814 and passed down on my Mom's side.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote