View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #22
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
And many times they have wheelchairs waiting for them at the jetbridge or right inside the terminal.

If they do not get off the plane with the other passengers, then they have to wait for the entire plane to deboard, possibly blocking some other passengers trying to get out.

I wouldn't call these "miracle flights" at all, just flights with people who have trouble getting around and are trying to do their best to manage it.

I fly quite a bit, primarily in and out of TPA. Can't recall too many times I have seen anyone of any age actually "jog" off of a plane, it's usually a herd of slow moving people.
This is off topic, but I am reminded of our many round trips to Florida. It is astonishing to me how many pre boards in wheelchairs there are, and now it seems that some people are working the system and using wheel chairs when they don’t need them, and THAT is infuriating because it tends to cast doubt on the legitimacy of those who really need them. There are always a few who need to “get an edge” over the rest of us. Too bad.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post: