View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #19
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I LOVE operating my boat at night. On moonless night it feels like I'm crusing through in space and moonlit nights are spectacular. I put a switch in my boat that kills the gauge lights. That really helps on moonless nights.
To each his own... There's a reason why the lake is "dead" at night, because most people don't enjoy boating at night, otherwise it would be the zoo it is during the day. I don't mind the "zoo" during the day. As a matter of fact, it is one of the things I love about Winni. It is very entertaining to me for many reasons. I love people watching, (mostly bikini's!!) and I love looking at other boats as well. I will speed up on the highway just to catch up to a boat on a trailer, just to "check it out"!! I love watching people doing stupid things too, especially at the boat ramp! Another thing I'm not crazy about boating at night is the condensation on the vinyl, I don't enjoy the feeling of wearing a wet diaper... You can have the nights!! Also, when you mentioned putting a switch on the dash to kill the lights to help you see better, it reminded me of a little tip I learned years ago when backing up a vehicle at night, turn your headlights off and it makes a world of difference to see behind you!! Don't know if they teach that today in driving school (doubt it), but I know they weren't in my day. Amazes me how many people never heard of this.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote