View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
burgerunh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfitz View Post
Hi all
I'm heading up to the lake next Friday. My 12 year old son wants to go ice fishing. As of now I don't have any gear I'm going to try to borrow some.
Any suggestions would be very helpful. My son did say we need a bob house to hang out in Ha
Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,

I am sure that there is someone that would love to take you and your son out for a day on the ice. I would do it myself only I have no idea where I will be or what I will be doing next weekend. This way you do not have to invest in any equipment for your first trip out.

I would recommend that you reach out on www.iceshanty.com under the NH section and I am sure you will find someone willing to have you and your son tag along.

Also I do not know your plans this weekend but I know the guys from BIP outdoors are putting on a day tomorrow for kids and adults who want to learn to ice fish. They will have everything that you need to make it happen. They will be fishing on Big Island Pond in Atkinson, NH. Contact Tom Thibeault. Tomorrow is free fishing day in NH so no license is required for adults over 16.

Also one other thought is that Tim Moore and Chuck Fritz offer guided ice fishing trips on Lake Winnipesaukee. I do not know your budget but they will get you out there with almost guaranteed success.

If I end up heading up that way next weekend I will let you know.
burgerunh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links